Posting more details on the official PlayStation blog, the publisher has revealed the wheel design was influenced by feedback from both the core racing community, as well as casual gamers.
According to Sony's Anton Mikhailov, from the publisher's research and development department, the new PS Move Racing Wheel has double the accuracy of a DualShock controller. The wheel features a wide comfort grip, triggers for controlling brake and acceleration actions, and paddle shifters for those who like to drive manual. Each of the wheel's handles has a DualShock-style motor to provide directional feedback, in addition to the PS Move controller's rumble.
The entire wheel is powered by the PS Move controller at its centre and also features expanding handles, which can turn the peripheral into a motorbike racing handle; in this mode, the right handle of the peripheral features twist throttle.
According to Mikhailov, Sony has plans to implement the wheel in future flight games.
- Designed to work with racing, motorcycle and flight simulation games.
- User-friendly design.
- Support for old title games like Hot-Pursuit and Burnout Paradise.
- Sharp and accurate than a Dual-Shock controller.
- Accelerator, brake and paddle-shifting functions.
- Force feedback.
- Twist throttle function for motorcycles.